I am absolutely stoked right now! I have some exciting news to share, Eco Chic Cayman has been nominated for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Huge thanks to My Happy Coincidence for the nomination. I am both humbled and honored, thank you so much!
-Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
-Put the award logo on your blog.
-Answer the ten questions sent to you.
-Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
-Nominate ten blogs.
10 Questions from My Happy Coincidence
1. If you could pick a fictional place to live, where would it be?
Excellent question! I am torn between Neverland and Wonderland. Both would be incredibly exciting places to live and explore.
2. What was your most inspiring class in school (bonus points if you can name and give a shout out to the teacher/professor)?
The most inspiring class I attended in school was Drama, when I was in high school. It was this class that made me want to go to school. I will never forget my drama teacher Miss Suckoo. She always encouraged me to follow my dreams and to believe in myself. It meant so much to me to have both encouragement and support for my aspirations for acting and writing. Miss Suckoo is one of my mentors in life. It was a privilege to be in her drama class and act in plays which she directed.
3. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had (that’s a story waiting to happen)?
Funnily enough, I was just discussing this with my sister and good friends the other day. The weirdest dream I have ever had and can recall, even if only fragments, was Ian Somerhalder’s character Damon on the TV show The Vampire Diaries was chasing me and trying to turn me into a vampire. I also had the ability to fly in this dream. Pretty cool to dream that you are flying. All I can say is, this may have been the result of binge watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix.
4. What’s the next book you plan to read and why?
Honestly, I have close to a mountain of books on my bedside table. I find it difficult to decide what book to read next, after finishing a really good book. I am thinking that I may start reading All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. Why? Well, simply because, there is a lot of talk about it being a must read. I want to discover for myself why this book has been meaningful and a great read to others. I bought this book while in Boston and have yet to read it. I think now is a good time to start.
5.What prompted you to start your blog?
While I was living in Toronto, a couple of really good friends of mine encouraged me to write a blog since I enjoyed writing. For a while, I did not think I would be very good at blogging and had no clue what I would write about- much less how to start one. One afternoon I felt compelled to just go for it. So, I choose to write about the environment and my blog Eco Chic Cayman was created. It has been an incredible journey and learning experience writing this blog. I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow and meeting new people along the way.
6.What fictional character would you choose to be your new best friend?
Gatsby, he has always been a very intriguing character.
7. If you won the lotto, what would you do first?
Thank God, and then donate to a wide range of non-profit organizations.
8. What’s your favourite summer snack?
Mango. Mangoes always remind me of summer.
9. Do you prefer to read the book before seeing the movie?
I have this personal rule to read the book before seeing the movie. It did not go well when I broke it. I was reading The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks and did not finish in time when the movie had made its way to the cinema. I watched the movie, cried and loved it. It was a beautiful story. I never did finish reading the book but I do believe the book would have made me cry like the movie.
10. How many books have your read this year so far?
19! I just finished reading Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham.
My Questions to Nominees
- What is one thing that you do to help protect the environment?
- Who is your role model?
- What was the last book you read?
- What 5 things would you put in a time capsule?
- What advice would you give to aspiring bloggers?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be and why?
- What 3 songs get played the most on your i-Pod?
- What was your last random act of kindness?
- If you could travel back in time, what era would you choose to visit?
And the Nominees are: