I love jeans, and must admit I own quite a few pairs. A while back I was at a Green Living Expo and discovered that Levi’s is working towards making more eco friendly jeans. It’s pretty cool what they are doing, using garbage, in particular plastic bottles, which are incorporated into manufacturing their jeans. Here is a link which explains in more detail along with a short video about the process
How to be Eco Chic with your jeans
1. Depending on where your jeans rip or tear, its possible you can do a little work and turn them into a stylish pair of distressed jeans without having to pay the expensive retail price.
2. Turn your long jeans into jean shorts- great for summer time.
3. Use the material from a few pairs of jeans you no longer wear or want and create reusable napkins.
4. Donate your jeans to a local thrift shop like the Cayman Islands Humane Society or NCVO.
When you go to purchase your next pair of skinny jeans, distressed jeans or whatever kind of jeans please consider purchasing an eco friendly brand.
Jean Facts: The Environmental Impact
1. “Some 450 million pairs of jeans are sold in the United States each year.” (on earth)
2.”About 1,500 gallons of water are required to produce the 1.5 pounds of cotton used to make a single pair of jeans, not including the water used to dye and finish the fabric.” (on earth)
from one tree hugger to another, xo
You must be logged in to post a comment.